Bismillah Ar-rahman Ar-Raheem-- In the name of Allah Most gracious, most merciful...

Assalamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatallah Wa Barakatu I'm a 100% Palestinian Muslim born and raised in the United States. My blog represents my religion, my thoughts and opinions, my talents, and some of my life. This blog will mainly be for dawah purposes Bi'thnillahi wa ta'ala. My thoughts aren't to offend anyone, but they might, Allahu A'lem, they are issues that are real with logical points. Check it out, comment, and enjoy. Rant if you need to. May Allah increase our knowledge, patience, wisdom and iman ameen. Fi aman Allah walaikum asalaam wa rahmatallah wa barakatu

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Iman Booster

Assalamu Alaikum wa Rahmatallah wa Barakatu

We've all had our moments- those moments where our iman is low and we just "ain't feelin' it"-but believe me, it's there. Here's a sad fact: When you aren't there for Allah, He's still there for you and unfortunately He doesn't need us- we need Him.

Iman Boosters:

1. Say La Hawla wala Quwata Illah billah (There is no power nor strength except of Allah)

2. Read some Q'uran

3. Have some patience (Read about Sayidna Ayoub sallahu 'alayhi wa salaam)

4. Spend some time alone, away from fitnah (includes backbiters, time wasters, disbelievers)

5. Memorize something (Du'a or ayah)

6. Pray with pure intentions, sabr (patience), and feeling.

7. Recite the shahada- La illaha illallah, Muhammadan rasul Allah.

8. Practice I'tikaaf (seclusion from everyone else to submit completely and fully to Allah subhana wa ta'ala)

Inshallah that will help.

Some Ayah's to keep in mind:

قُلْ إِنِّي أُمِرْتُ أَنْ أَعْبُدَ اللَّهَ مُخْلِصًا لَهُ الدِّينَ

Say: "Verily, I am commanded to serve Allah with sincere devotion; [39:11]

وَأُمِرْتُ لأنْ أَكُونَ أَوَّلَ الْمُسْلِمِينَ

"And I am commanded to be the first of those who bow to Allah in Islam." [39:12]


رَبَّنَا آمَنَّا بِمَا أَنْزَلْتَ وَاتَّبَعْنَا الرَّسُولَ فَاكْتُبْنَا مَعَ الشَّاهِدِينَ

"Our Lord! we believe in what Thou hast revealed, and we follow the Messenger; then write us down among those who bear witness." [3:53]


وَرَبَطْنَا عَلَى قُلُوبِهِمْ إِذْ قَامُوا فَقَالُوا رَبُّنَا رَبُّ السَّمَاوَاتِ وَالأرْضِ لَنْ نَدْعُوَ مِنْ دُونِهِ إِلَهًا لَقَدْ قُلْنَا إِذًا شَطَطًا

We gave strength to their hearts: Behold, they stood up and said: "Our Lord is the Lord of the heavens and of the earth: never shall we call upon any god other than Him: if we did, we should indeed have uttered an enormity! [18:14]

الَّذِي خَلَقَنِي فَهُوَ يَهْدِينِ

"Who created me, and it is He Who guides me;

وَالَّذِي هُوَ يُطْعِمُنِي وَيَسْقِينِ

"Who gives me food and drink,

وَإِذَا مَرِضْتُ فَهُوَ يَشْفِينِ

"And when I am ill, it is He Who cures me;

وَالَّذِي يُمِيتُنِي ثُمَّ يُحْيِينِ

"Who will cause me to die, and then to life (again);

وَالَّذِي أَطْمَعُ أَنْ يَغْفِرَ لِي خَطِيئَتِي يَوْمَ الدِّينِ

"And who, I hope, will forgive me my faults on the day of Judgment.

رَبِّ هَبْ لِي حُكْمًا وَأَلْحِقْنِي بِالصَّالِحِينَ

"O my Lord! bestow wisdom on me, and join me with the righteous;

وَاجْعَلْ لِي لِسَانَ صِدْقٍ فِي الآخِرِينَ

"Grant me honourable mention on the tongue of truth among the latest (generations);

وَاجْعَلْنِي مِنْ وَرَثَةِ جَنَّةِ النَّعِيمِ

"Make me one of the inheritors of the Garden of Bliss;

وَاغْفِرْ لأبِي إِنَّهُ كَانَ مِنَ الضَّالِّينَ

"Forgive my father, for that he is among those astray;

وَلا تُخْزِنِي يَوْمَ يُبْعَثُونَ

"And let me not be in disgrace on the Day when (men) will be raised up;-[26:78-87]


Ameen!

fi aman Allah
walaikum Assalam Wa rahamtallah Wa barakatu

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Peace be upon those who follow guidance,

MashaAllah that was lovely, oh and Ameen!! Thummah Ameen :o)